WTI - access to email account via POP3 or IMAP
Please read the following lines carefully, I would like to avoid any misunderstandings...
Firstly, this application is useful for those who cannot use protocols POP3 and IMAP because those are sometimes blocked.
This means that applications like Outlook don't work. If they do, WTI's functionality is not useful for you.
This application is not meant to replace your email client, it is just to inform you about new incoming emails. Please don't
expect anything else.
How does it work?
After you fill your data (server, login, password etc.) this data is sent to server macek.cc, whereas
- data is sent using method POST (not GET) so your data is not simply visible (it will not be that easy to get the data for
- password is ciphered using a simple cipher (you can check the config file to see it)
- password is NOT stored on the web server, it is only used for login to your email account
- application does NOT send any other information from your computer because nobody is interested :-)
There is a script running on web server macek.cc, this script using your data logins to your email account and reads last income
emails which are then resent back to WTI.
If you don't like the conditions above, I am not surprised and recommend you not to use the application. Please don't bother with
emails full of anger, this software is freeware and I don't push anybody to use it.
- application must not be used to transfer sensitive data, author cannot guarantee the data won't be misused
- everybody uses the application at own risk (author as well :-) )
- author is not responsible for any data loss
Problems and restrictions
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions etc, please send me an email to david at macek dot cc
- When emails read via POP3, they are marked as read. I am pi...d off because of this as well. If anybody knows about a
solution on PHP (Unix), please let me know.
- As your data is sent via my web server, it is possible that when the amount of data exceeds acceptable value, I will have to
implement some restrictions or make the service paid
- I will appreciate if you set the read interval longer then 5 minutes (again because of data transfers), if anybody transfers
too much, the access may be disabled
- SMTP will not be implemented
- Application displays only previews and only when email size does not exceed internally specified number (this number may